It’s Groundhog Day! According to legend, if it’s cloudy when a groundhog comes out of its burrow on February 2nd, and thus he does not see his shadow, then spring will come early. However, if it is sunny on this day, the groundhog will see its shadow and go back into its burrow, and the winter will continue for six weeks more. Whether you believe in the legend or not, here are some pictures of groundhogs to make the holiday that much more exciting!
1. This mama groundhog with her adorable little babies:
2. This groundhog in its natural habitat:
3. These hungry groundhogs that are all of us:
4. These groundhogs that are super into PDA:
5. This feisty groundhog who’s ready for a fight:
6. And this romantic groundhog:
Happy Groundhog Day!
Update: The Groundhog did not see his shadow. SPRING IS UPON US!