We hope you had a wonderful holiday! In between the the festivities, the GradeSlam Team has been working hard to prepare for 2016. Now that it is officially 2016 and school is back in session, we are eager to kick things off! Here is what we have been up to this past month:
1. GradeSlam’s 2015 Year In Review: 2015 was an incredible year for GradeSlam and our team. We have recounted all the major milestones in our 2015 Year In Review - take a few minutes to check it out.
2. Top 10 Canadian Ed-Tech Newsmakers of 2015: MindShare’s Learning Report listed GradeSlam as one of the Top Ten Newsmakers of 2015, for “Phil Cutler’s excellent pitch and vision to provide affordable tutoring to all students.” Check out the article here.
3. Notable Social Entrepreneurship Nomination: Each year Canada’s top young professionals are honoured at a massive gala known as the Notable Awards. This year, GradeSlam’s Founder & CEO Philip Cutler has been nominated for Social Entrepreneurship in the Quebec division. Last year, Cutler & GradeSlam were honoured at the awards for Best in Education. Take a moment to visit the Notable Awards website and vote for Phil.
4. Syrian Refugee Fund: Helping our new Canadian residents is a top priority for the GradeSlam Team. Though not GradeSlam specifically, our Founder & CEO Philip Cutler has established a $50,000 fund for Syrian refugees living in Canada to attend summer camp in 2016. The fund will enable 20 refugee children to attend Laurus Summer Camp next summer. More details can be found here.
5. Profiled by MTLinTECH: I was honoured to be profiled by MTLinTECH this past December. The article, published on December 15, was part of an “Inspiring Founders” series that highlights “startup CEOs in Montreal who go above and beyond their work.” Check out the article here.
6. MTLEdTech December Meetup: In collaboration with Founder Institute, GradeSlam hosted the final MTLEdTech Meetup of the year. This event was a special night focused on starting an edtech company, featuring GradeSlam’s very own Founder & CEO Phil Cutler. Over 75 people packed into Notman House to attend the event.
7. Life After FounderFuel: After an amazing 90 days (and an even better Demo Day), the program has ended and we will be leaving Notman House shortly. We truly got everything out of the experience that we could have and loved every minute. Since FounderFuel, the GradeSlam Team has been hard at work preparing for 2016.
We want to take this time to thank you for all of your support in 2015. We have grown so much this past year and could not have done it without you. We wish you all the best in the coming year and can’t wait to show you what we’ve got in store!
The GradeSlam Team